MEP Online: My Account
MEP Online helps clients who are enrolled with MEP to get information about court-ordered maintenance payments for child or spousal support. You can also use it to communicate with MEP staff.
Once you’re registered for MEP online, you can use your account to view:
- the status of your case
- information about payments, including the most recent payments and any payments that are in arrears (past due)
- any enforcement actions that are in place
You can also use MEP Online to:
- send a message to MEP staff
- change your address
- sign up for notifications about payments
Before you start
This is a new version of MEP Online. It works in most web browsers and on most mobile and tablet devices.
If you haven’t used the new system before, you need to create an account by registering for a new user ID and provide your existing case and PIN. You only have to register once.
Contact us if you have questions about the new system or have trouble using it.
To use MEP Online, you need:
- an email address—we recommend that you use a personal and secure email address
- your case number
- your PIN (personal identification number)
If you don’t know your case number and PIN, contact us for help.
Note: Maintenance enforcement programs in other jurisdictions can sign in using their existing credentials.
When you’re enrolled in the program and have your case number and PIN, you’ll also be able to access your information using the automated phone system (IVR), the client service number, email, mail or fax.
1-855-322-0934 (toll-free in Nova Scotia)